Monday, February 23, 2009

TEXAS MONTHLY




I recently had the opportunity to work on a typographic solution for Texas Monthly Magazine. An old friend from school knew that I liked to experiment with stitching in my design. He had a pretty good idea of what he wanted and I sent him what was meant to be a "rough draft" of different colors and stitching ideas... well they loved it the way it was and didn't want me to change a thing. Gotta love those happy accidents.

This section of the magazine is called "In the Chute" and for each month they have a different designer do the typography. I'm honored to have my work in such a well-designed publication. Go pick up a copy of the March issue and turn to page 59 or see it here at texasmonthly.com!

14 comments:

whitney sue said...

congratulations!! besides being super cute, the design and the opportunity are really awesome.

:: shanda hasse :: said...

once again, amazing. that is all i ever have to say!

Mary Beth said...

i'm so proud of you! how wonderful!

Anonymous said...

cool!!

Jeanee said...

OMG! This is so neat-o!

Anonymous said...

yay!! love love love!

Amber said...

love it! :)

Natasha Rae Jovin: lovex3 said...

WOW...not only are you so amazing for your creativity, art, the opportunity...and so on...but look at how popular you are...so many comments on your post. seriously Garth you are so cool. i miss you.

seesaw designs said...

Wow, that is beautiful! You just inspired my whole day. I love it.

angela hardison said...

p.s.

I just posted about this, and I saved it on my desktop. I told you I loved it.

-angela (seesaw designs)

*L said...

that's awesome! i LOVE Texas Monthly!

Sara said...

This is fab, brilliant typography design! love your blog... its very pretty :)

Anonymous said...

I love this! it's perfect. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! The type style you used is fantastic. I love stitched words :)