Monday, March 23, 2009

¡FIESTA!

Aaron's mom, otherwise known as Susanna, is hosting a couples' shower for some friends and asked me to do the invite for her. She'll be serving a Mexican dinner and I wanted to add a little Mexican flavor without the use of sombreros or cacti. This flaming heart came to mind. My grandmother lived in Mexico for a while and I remember her sending us "milagros" or in English "miracles". They're sort of like good luck charms for good health. The images of the heart sometimes had flames coming out. I've had a hard time finding one meaning for the flaming heart, but to me it says PASSION! Perfect for a couples' shower right? Anyway, Susanna just let me run free with this one and I had a lot of fun with it.

oh... and the background for this shot is some awesome wallpaper I found a while back at a thrift store. Amazing!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the typography. So much fun. I want to host a fiesta!

whitney sue said...

Super fun! I love pink and i love green, so I'm really a huge fan of the invitation design.

all the joy you bring said...

aw! it came up beautiful!!!!!! marcelle

Jeanee said...

damn girl.. do you sleep?!?

everything looks amazing!

Heather said...

ha! it's getting a little out of hand, but it's just so fun!

...and thanks.

:: shanda hasse :: said...

you are way too good.

Unknown said...

heather, seriously, you are uber-talented!!!

Amber said...

ooo love it! I am doing one for someone and seeing this loveliness makes me want to trash the whole thing and start over. Mine is boring. You inspire me! :)

Unknown said...

cute invite