Monday, August 23, 2010

ARTWORK FOR AARON'S NEW EP!

We had a lot of fun putting this Album art together. It's great working with Aaron because he knows what he wants and he has great ideas! The EP is called Ghostly and he wanted a very straight forward picture of himself in a white shirt and all white background. I was so inspired by that idea! So subtle and sophisticated. The challenge was to figure out a way to photograph him and make it look professional with my 6-year-old digital camera. Ha! I knew natural light was the key and with some experimenting we figured out he needed to have good light shining on his face and diffused light coming through behind him. So... I had an idea!! We have some great natural light that comes through our bathroom window in the afternoon AND we have a white shower curtain... perfect for diffusing light behind him and giving him a glowy white background. You would never guess that this photo was taken with me standing in the bathtub while Aaron awkwardly squats so that the top of the shower curtain doesn't show. ha!! After working with a lot of different directions we both thought this offset look was the way to go. Hope you like it and hope you get a copy of the EP. Out October 12th!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! What a funny backstory! Man, the colors in this composition are rad. You always come up with the best palettes!

Anonymous said...

So, were you trying to make it look like an old 3-D image? You know, the kind you had to look at with the green/red glasses? That's what it reminds me of.

Heather said...

yeah it totally looks like that! I've seen a lot of artwork out like that recently. I really like the off-register printing look too.

Car Title Loans said...

Simple, yet genius. I love it!
Av